Physical Therapist (PT)
Advanced Clinical Associates is looking for a Physical Therapist (PT) who is a compassionate, responsible health care professional who, like us, are devoted to delivering exceptional care and services to every client we connect with. ACA is devoted to excellence, driven by our mission to serve the community with a higher standard of home health care. Whether you are looking for a full-time job or part time employment, being a member of our ACA team offers you a unique opportunity to do important, fulfilling work in the home care industry and to build close and caring relationships. With 50 years of clinical expertise, integrity, and compassion, ACA’s clinical staff provide our clients with 24 hour access to the highest quality home care.
Advanced Clinical Associates is committed to providing a caring and supportive workplace for our employees – an environment that promotes personal and professional growth, treats each employee with respect, encourages innovation and recognizes the unique value that each person brings to our team.
Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Clinical & Patient Care Services
RISK OF EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS – HIGH
Provide skilled Physical Therapy services on an intermittent basis to patients in their homes in accordance with physician orders.
- Provide initial and ongoing comprehensive assessments of the patient’s needs, including Outcome and Assessment Information Set (OASIS) assessments.
- Establish a treatment plan in consultation with the physician and revises it with the approval of the physician as necessary.
- Assist in development and implementation of the interdisciplinary patient care plan as it pertains to Physical Therapy.
- Assist the physician in evaluating patients by applying diagnostic and prognostic muscle, nerve, joint and functional ability tests.
- Treat patients to relieve pain, develop or restore functional and maintain maximum performance, using physical means, such as exercise, massage, heat, water, light and electricity.
- Consult and familiarize staff regarding the established plan.
- Teach, supervise, and counsel the family and patient in the physical therapy program.
- Instruct patient in care and use of wheelchairs, braces, crutches, canes and prosthetic and orthotic devices.
- Provide the equipment required to carry out the plan.
- Arrange for out-patient service for procedures which cannot be given at home.
- Record on a timely basis all evaluation data, treatments, and patient’s response to therapy intervention Also records quality assurance data.
- Prepare an assessment of the patient’s condition and periodic evaluations and summaries.
- Supervise Physical Therapy Assistants and paraprofessionals as per agency policy.
- Record and report to the physician the patient’s reaction to treatment and /or any changes in the patient’s condition.
- Communicate with the physician at least every 30 days or whenever changes occur regarding the patient’s status and obtains additional orders, if necessary.
- Communicate with other team members (including Home Health Aides) and, when appropriate, instructs them in certain phases of physical therapy that they may use while working with the patient.
- Write clinical/progress notes on the date of the visit and incorporates same in the patient’s record within 72 hours.
- Participate in case conferences, physical therapy staff meetings, agency activities and in-service programs as necessary.
- Supervise the home health aide every two weeks when physical therapy is the only professional discipline involved in the patient’s care and supervises the Physical Therapy Assistant at least monthly.
- Participate with staff, patients, and physicians in discharge planning activities and completes a Physical Therapy Discharge Summary.
- Assist in the Agency Admission Process
- Obtain a medical history, particularly as it relates to the present condition.
- Evaluate the patient, the patient’s significant other(s) and the home situation to determine what instruction will be required, what assistance will be available from the family in caring for the patient, and what other Agency and community services will be required.
- Assure that the physician’s orders are appropriate and discusses necessary changes.
Our home health agency stands out in the community and with various hospitals and post-acute rehab facilities because we provide both medical and non-medical services to our clients. For the last several years ACA has served hundreds of Veterans around the Valley and has been growing our Medicare and Medicaid insurance divisions. Some of the insurances that we currently accept are: Mercy Care, Health Choice, United Health, Indian Health Services, BlueCross/Blue Shield, Aetna, Medicare and Triwest.
Job Type: Full-time