Advance Clinical Associates has been in the valley since 2007 and proudly serves our veterans and other insurance clients. We are seeking Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA). The job includes personal care, light housekeeping and some meal preparation. You should be neat, personable and enjoy working with elderly clients, especially veterans. Reliable transportation is a must.
An individual under the direct supervision of a Registered Nurse who provides necessary medical assistance with personal care in accordance with physician orders.
- High school diploma or its equivalent.
- Successful completion of the evaluation process.
- Reliable transportation.
- Current state driver’s license.
- Current automobile insurance.
- Current CPR Card.
- Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
- Provides personal care to assigned patients under the direct supervision of a registered nurse:
- Assisting patients with or performing:
- Bathing (tub, shower, bed bath)
- Oral hygiene care including denture care
- Shampoo/hair care
- Nail care; cleaning, filing
- Dressing and undressing
- Toileting activities including use of bedpan, urinal, bedside commode.
- Emptying Foley catheter drainage bad
- Lotion application
- Skin care
- Emptying and care of stoma appliances
- Assisting with ambulation and transfer activities including:
- Transfer in/out of bed
- Transfers to chair, wheelchair, toilet, bedside commode
- Ambulation with assistance or stand-by assistance
- Assistance with walker, can crutches or other ambulation assistance devices
- Assistance with passive or active ROM exercises.
- Assistance with nutritional and dietary needs including:
- Meal preparation
- Serving meal
- Feeding patient to ensure adequate nutrition and fluid intake
- Wash/dry dishes
- Provide for safe and sanitary patient environment including:
- Make bed, change linen as needed
- Dust and tidy room used by patient
- Wash patient’s personal clothing (if facilities available)
- Utilize basic infection control technique and procedures.
- Reading, recording temperature, pulse and respiration’s as requested on assignment sheet. Measuring, recording blood pressure as requested on assignment sheet.
- Performance Standards
- All duties outlined on each Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Care Plan are performed.
- No changes in patient care are initiated without written instructions from a registered nurse.
- Any changes in status are reported to Director of Clinical Services/Clinical Supervisor.
- Upon supervisory visit(s), patient/family caregivers indicate with aide services
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) daily notes are completed, accurate and turned in on a timely basis.
Job Type: Full Time