Advanced Clinical Associates is seeking more exceptional Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) to join our growing team. We already serve hundreds of veterans in the valley and are now working in the Medicare, Medicare Advantage and insurance populations. Our population is diverse and growing, we have a positive team environment in a nurse owned company in the valley since 2007. Our ideal candidate has a positive outlook, loves patient care and understands that timely documentation is a part of the process.
Background should include some medical surgical experience and you must be comfortable with wound care and basic infusion skills. For RNs, familiarity with OASIS a plus, we will consider an enthusiastic candidates without home health experience who feel confident with wound care, assessments and medication reconciliation. Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
Must have, or be able to obtain, a Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card through the Department of Public Safety background check/fingerprint clearance process.
TITLE OF IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Director of Clinical & Patient Care Services
RISK OF EXPOSURE TO BLOODBORNE PATHOGENS – HIGH
- Provide skilled nursing care under the direct supervision of the Registered Nurse.
- Perform selected skilled actions in the provision of curative, rehabilitative, palliative or preventative nursing care.
- Is responsible and accountable for making decisions that are based on the individual’s nursing experience and educational preparation.
- Assist the Registered Nurse in carrying out the plan of care.
- Assist the Registered Nurse in performing specialized procedures as directed by the Registered Nurse under physician’s orders.
- Assist with the preparation, implementation, and continuing evaluation of the patient care plan.
- Recognize and understand the effects of social and economic problems upon patients and provides for the emotional and physical comfort and safety of patients.
- Help teach the patient the appropriate self-care techniques.
- Foster cooperative effort among personnel by understanding the functions of other persons involved in patient care and by active participation in team and staff in-services and being an active player in coordination of patient care
- Assume responsibility for personal and vocational and development through active participation in nursing organizations and participating in in-service programs and other on the job learning.
- Prepare clinical and progress notes (not to include admission).
- Observe, record, and report to the appropriate person ( RN and physician) patient symptoms, reactions and changes including:
- The general physical and mental condition of patients and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of untoward changes.
- Stresses in human relationships between the patients and staff personnel and between patients and their families and visitors.
- Observe, record and report to the appropriate person the general physical and mental condition of patients and signs and symptoms which may be indicative of changes in condition.
- Assist with the rehabilitation of patients according to the medical care plan by encouraging the interests and special aptitudes of the patient and encouraging patients to help themselves using their own capabilities.
- Further assist in rehabilitation by reporting any abnormality in the patient’s range of motion, body mechanics or body alignment.
- Actively participate in nursing organizations and promotes and participates in in-service programs.
TREATMENTS AND PROCEDURES
The Licensed Practical Nurse with the education and proven clinical competence may perform certain treatments/procedures provided the Home Health Agency’s policies and the State’s Regulatory Acts allow their performance. Only advance LPNs with documented skill in performing these functions may:
- Administer medications
- Hang I.V.s premixed with medications
- Hang hydrating fluid without medications
- Start peripheral I.V.
- Flush peripheral lines with saline or heparin solutions
- Inspect insertion sites, change dressings, and remove peripheral I.V. needles/catheters
- Calculate and adjust flow rates
- Check blood with a Registered Nurse
Our home health agency does stand out in the community and with various hospitals and post-acute rehab facilities because we provide both medical and non-medical services to our clients.
Job Type: Full-time, Part-time, Per Diem